Tashkent

Tashkent

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Gluten Free Lunches

Who says gluten free has to be tough? Here are three simple lunches that are gluten free, easy, and little boy friendly.

Quesadillas with mangos and broccoli.



Seriously, easy-peasy. Just steam some broccoli and slice up a mango. The quesadillas are nothing but plain corn tortillas, salt, pepper, and cheddar cheese fried on a skillet with sunflower oil. Sometimes I throw in some chicken or lamb to add texture and protein.
It's a huge hit with my little guys every time.



Macaroni and cheese with strawberries.


Always a fan favorite and even easier than the quesadillas. I use Annie's gluten free mac and cheese. It takes all of 20 minutes. Follow the box instructions, slice up some strawberries, and you're good to go.


PBJ and peaches


This one took a little more preparation because I had to make the bread the night before. I used Gluten Free Pantry bread mix, which is extremely easy to use and even comes with a package of yeast. This batch was made with egg, as the recipe calls, but next time I plan to try without eggs since I am allergic. Thank goodness my boys can eat eggs or I would be sunk. This particular PBJ is made with apple jelly. Slice a little thin because this bread is pretty dense, as GF tends to be. The peaches are, unfortunately, canned since peaches are out of season here in India and tough to come by even when in season.


See? GF isn't so tough.

No comments: