Tashkent

Tashkent

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Progress

It's been a while since I've posted. It's way too easy to get bogged down in routine. I have a couple pictures to share, but for now I'll just say the gluten free is working.
Gabriel is so healthy and strong; he's like a different child. He gained a pound 6 weeks after starting gluten free and his binge eating has come down to a healthy, steady appetite.
He lost his pound due to a gorgeous case of giardia last week, but we've killed that nasty parasite and we're back to work on weight gain. The challenges are a little different here in India than they would be at home.
We're using lots of butter and the boys get a cup of carnation instant breakfast about an hour after their normal breakfast.
I don't think the boys have even noticed the change in diet aside from the banning of their weekly Embassy pizza run.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Where in India are you? I'm a celiac in Hyderabad, and our baby is gluten-free also until we can get her tested next time we're in the States.

Arianna said...

Hi Stephanie! I'm in Delhi. We're with the U.S. Embassy.
How long has your baby been gluten free? Have you seen any improvements?