Tashkent

Tashkent

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Eventful February

Our February can be categorized as a roller coast.  We had so many ups and downs this past month I feel seasick.

Our ups included the usual small victories and challenges - excellent Parent/Teacher conferences with both boys succeeding marvelously in school.  The weather has been stunning for late winter in Wyoming, with only a few nasty windy days.  My last semester of grad school is chugging along and I turned in my application for my counseling license program.  We've had some yucky sniffles that kept us home from school a day or two, but nothing major.  We have had some tough days dealing with missing dad.  Overall, those things kept us pretty level.

The big up is my job offer from Tashkent International School.  I will have the privilege of teaching music part time as well as completing my school counseling internship.  I am so excited!  I have to report for duty on August 8th, so the timeline for departure is beginning to take shape.

The big down caused so much anxiety all around we actually postponed our planned Spring Break trip to Colombia.  I woke up one morning two weeks ago with a huge lump on my throat.  It turned out to be a very large multi nodular goiter with a potentially malignant nodule on the right side of my thyroid.  The entire thyroid is riddled with nodules and two had to be biopsied.  Fortunately, both turned out to be benign.  Unfortunately the doctors have absolutely no idea what caused them (especially with such an acute appearance) given that all my hormone levels are excellent.  I'll be seeing an endocrinologist and I will have to run tests each year if the doctor okays me to forego surgery for now.

So that's our February.  We opened March with a fun Seuss week at school.  Here is Zack and me as Sam and Fox in Socks.



Today was absolutely glorious.  At 70 degrees and sunny we just could not stay inside.  We walked the 4 mile round trip to the college for Science Saturday and stopped for gatorade on our way back.  Gabriel declared the day "simply marvelous" and commented on the opportunity for Vitamin D.  My children are nerds.  Man, I love them.

March is off to a bright start.  20 days until John visits.


No comments: