Tashkent

Tashkent

Friday, July 24, 2009

Quick Update

The conversation during a lovely surprise call from my dear Red reminded me that I haven't updated my blog in quite some time. So, I'm using my customary 30 min. break at the beginning o nap time to do a very quick update. You'll understand why I'm so insanely busy in just a minute...

1. Johnny's getting laid off at the end of August due to a long, maddening story that I don't want to tell, because it always gets me riled up. Chalk it up to good ol' boy, small town politics. Obviously, this was very bad news, but then we found out....
2. JOHNNY GOT THE FOREIGN SERVICE JOB!!!! PTL!!! We're very excited. But, before he can begin he has to pass medical and security clearance. So, for the past week we've been rushing around trying to get the paperwork in. Since he must pass that before the job starts we do not have a start date yet. So, we had no idea when we would actually be moving until...
3. my Grandpa, with whom we are planning to live while working in D.C., called and said that he would be gone most of September and hoped that we could move in then and take care of the house. So....
4. We're leaving Wyoming August 28th. We'll stop in Minneapolis and see Johnny's sister and my beautiful little niece (and of course Red the Awesome) and we should arrive in Silver Spring, MD on September 1st, which means...
5. I'm running around like a chicken sans head trying to get things organized and packed because...
6. I'm having a yard sale on August 22, 23 to try to get rid of pretty much everything except clothes, some books, and various favorites. Suffice to say...
7. I am not dead, seriously ill, nor have I lost all my possessions in a tragic house fire causing me to be without communication. I am simply beyond busy trying to get things organized while working a part time job, taking care of my little ones, and trying to keep the house marginally clean.

Back to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!! you certainly have a good excuse; congrats! :) good luck with everything and joining the hordes of Hillsdale folks in the DC-area! :)

Red said...

Haha! I'm "The Awesome"... I'm going to have that tattooed on my back, with the quote marks and everything :D Can't wait to see you chica, lots of prayers for you and your hair follicles!
Also, randomness-- the word check thing looked like bivouac which also made me think of you and Johnny as part of some great wagon train bivouac-ing along a river. Ignore me, I’m strange.