Tashkent

Tashkent

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fireworks

I spent most of the day working and forgetting that it's already the 4th of July. Seriously, how is this year going by so fast and why are my babies about to turn 1 and 2??? Agh!!!

Anyway, the point is, it was hard for me to focus on the fact that today is supposed to be a day honoring the sacrifices of the brave men and women of the American colonies or that we became a nation 233 years ago today. I'm just too busy these days to remember holidays.

But Johnny picked me up from work at 7pm and we bustled off to his parents' house for a delicious steak dinner (it was heavenly but now I'm feeling the effects of red meat). We had some fun, quality time with Grandma and then headed out at dusk to see the fireworks.

I have not seen Zach sit still for that long...ever.

Watching the wonder in my little boy's eyes helped me sit back and think about the joyous holiday celebrated today. Freedom. Liberty. Triumph. Adventure. New birth. These innocent and imperative concepts danced in my Zachary's beautiful brown eyes while he sat ooh-ing and ahh-ing at the beautiful lights in the sky. And he sat there in warm clothes, well fed, loved and happy, because we are free. We are so blessed. Praise the Lord! Happy Independence Day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww! awesome :)

Unknown said...

I like your descriptions very much.
Happy (belated) Independence Day to you, too!

Red said...

Time is flying by because you're getting old. Like old granny old. Congrats ;) I love and adore you, I'm glad Zach enjoyed the fireworks :D

Red said...

(second post: I had a dream your blog was being read by some prominant politician and I was "cool" cause I knew you. Had to share :D )