Tashkent

Tashkent

Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's a gorgeous day in Silver Spring, MD. We have a 3-day weekend thanks to Columbus Day tomorrow. There are plans to visit the Air and Space Museum. Zach should love that. Gabey loves everything.

I watched that Gators win last night. I hate prime time games. That's way past my bed time.

Gabey had a birthday. That was fun. He painted himself with chocolate.

Heather visited. That was also fun. I miss her so much. I'm not excited for Johnny's year long tour without me, but I am excited to live in Europe with Heather for a year.

I've been looking into going back to school. I'm just in the barest preliminaries right now. I sent in transcripts to UMD to get evaluated. I intend to have all the information I need on every front before I even consider enrolling.

We find out where we're going on Friday. I can hardly wait. I'm so excited to start learning the language and the culture.

This week I need to get winter coats for everyone and a tricycle for Zach. Also socks. I don't know how those boys go through socks so quickly. We also need haircuts and Celiac screens.

Gabey can walk, but he won't. We tricked him into walking across the room yesterday. He did so without so much a wobble. He's trouble.

The family visits at the end of the month. It's been a while since I've watched a game with me Dad. That will be fun.

Roasted feta and Greek burgers sound like a good menu options for dinner. I'm off to go look into that.

Ciao.

5 comments:

SC said...

Lots of short sentences. You sound like Hemingway in this post. :)

In housewife form, of course. ;)

Hope all goes well! How do you like MD?

heather said...

I miss you more! :( Call me soon.

Anonymous said...

why are you going to Europe with Heather?

Arianna said...

Chris- haha! I'm glad being too lazy to construct complex sentences makes me like Hemingway. I'll have to remember that... ;-)
I'm loving MD; it's so good to be east of the Mississippi again. It's quite stunning during Autumn, despite the chill. Of course, having lived in WY the chill no longer seems so chilly.
You are more than welcome to come visit us at any time. Sooner than later is preferred. I miss the Stewie.

Heather- I heard about Balto. Sadness. :(

Lynn- Johnny has to take a tour to a hazard area for a year where family can't go. Heather and I are going to take advantage of that year to live in Europe.

Red said...

Awesome for Europe! What a brilliant idea-- with the boys or without them?

Keep tricking the Baby Gabey, maybe when he sees Zach on the trike he'll get the hang of this walking/running thing. Then you're *really* going to be in trouble. ;D MWAH! Miss ya! Hi to Frank and Jon and cute children!