Tashkent

Tashkent

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Resolved

All right, I'm returning to this blog for once specific topic: to track the progress of a gluten free experiment. After watching my 27 month old play with two 18 month olds this week I realized it was time to do something. My little guy stood a good inch shorter than his munchkin companions. He just made it into 18 month clothes this month. He had growth problems in the womb, which was a big reason for his 2 weeks early induction and has had growth troubles ever since. It's time to go gluten free. I have strong feelings that this will work because, at 18, I grew 2" after going solidly off gluten (5'6" to 5'8"). Imagine what it can do for someone who is supposed to still be growing!
So, I'm not sure exactly when the gluten free diet will begin, but today's assignment is to find gluten free kid foods online. We need bread for PBJs, snack foods, and mac and cheese.

Today my little Peanut is 31" (2nd percentile) and 25 lbs (5th percentile). Although his weight percentile has improved from being under the growth charts, his height has dropped from the 20th.

Zach will also be going gluten free to see if his eczema improves. His poor little calves are completely covered and he complains of pain if I try any topical treatments. Sometimes he even asks for bandaids. His size might also benefit, but he is not so much of a concern. He is in the 49th percentile for weight and 35th for height, which is a huge improvement from his size when he was younger. He used to hover around 5th percentile in weight and 15th in height.

SO I will track our progress on this blog including diets, skin status, and growth progress.

No comments: