Tashkent

Tashkent

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Home Again

Heather's visit was wonderful! John's mom, the boys and I picked Heather up at the airport in Billings, MT on Tuesday. Wednesday was spent enjoying the beautiful weather. We even went out for a drink that night. First drink I've ever had at a bar. Yes, I am three weeks past my 22nd birthday. Yes, I am old before my time. No, I do not feel that I am missing out on the bliss of youth.
I got pretty homesick after dropping Heather off in Denver, CO and moped around for a bit afterward. Can't be the perky cheerleader all the time. It's tough to maintain my determined optimism when the end of April brings snow and I used to spend Christmas Eves on the beach. I'm still working on bolstering my brave front. Homesickness, begone!
I miss Heather tons again already!!

I recently finished a pile of books from the library. It only took me 2 months and 3 online renewals. Reading is a rare pleasure these days, as are lengthy blog updates. The highlight of the aforementioned pile was "Jane Eyre." I read the novel when I was 12, but dismally failed at getting the point. It's difficult to understand the turmoil of a lovesick heart until you, yourself, are in love. When forced to choose between two loves, the pain sears your very soul. I confess to neglecting my children for a few minutes to get through her refusal of Mr. Rochester. Compelling stuff.

I now have a pile of my dad's newer books to work through.

I also have a ballroom lesson from Johnny's teacher on Wednesday. I am very excited.

Rain and snow for the next couple days. Back, homesickness! Back!!

2 comments:

heather said...

*tear* I miss you too.

Unknown said...

You just inspired me to (re)read Jane Eyre!