Tashkent

Tashkent

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hotel Living

We are still in D.C. in case you hadn't heard. We did not get our visas in time and had to wait and reschedule our flight. We received our visas on Thursday evening and our flight is scheduled for Wednesday night. 4 days to go.

We also had to move to the Embassy Suites in Arlington because the Doubletree didn't have any more vacancies. After spending two awful nights in a smoking room we finally got switched to a livable room and things are looking up.

The boys are doing so well. I'm really proud of them. I can definitely see the lack of schedule taking its toll though. It will be a huge relief to get them back on schedule.

Zach is talking so much now. He is hysterical. His most common exclamations are, "Mama, WAIT!" "I see you." "Oh, c'mon!" "Come here! Look!" and, most of all "Mama, *insert whatever motorized vehicle he sees*" He loves to count and he knows the whole alphabet, including letter sounds. He's starting to work on reading and he loves PBS Kids, especially "Super Why."

Gabriel is such a gem. He's been the most amazing little trooper through all of this chaos. So sweet. He's definitely starting to assert his will. I'm trying to break his habit of screeching when I tell him not to do something. He just looks me in the eye, lets out one quick scream, then waits to see what I'll do. It's kind of odd, but if that's as bad as his tantrums ever get, I guess I should be happy. Gabey is way into "Curious George."

Bed time.

No comments: