Tashkent

Tashkent

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Wedding Weekend

   It was a crazy, but fun, crazy-fun weekend here in Boulder, CO!  We had the rehearsal and wedding for Ryan Rhodes (Johnny's best friend of 15 or so years) and Allie Mohar and the whole Boulder gang was there.  This was Johnny's middle school/ high school crowd and the gang we always hung with when we came down to escape Laramie.  I've loved these guys since I first met them the Spring break Johnny and I came out to meet the family the month after we got married.  Jason even made it from Vienna!  We're talking lots of nostalgia and emotion here!  Uncle Mike and his girlfriend, Amber, also came up from Texas for the wedding!

   Needless to say it was a packed weekend.  We left Sheridan for Ft. Collins on Tuesday and spent time relaxing, hanging with Ryan, and seeing an old friend from Hillsdale, Matt Erikson.  On Thursday we switched to a hotel in Boulder, much closer to the wedding venue.   The rehearsal took place Thursday afternoon and the boys had a blast playing with the wedding party at the rehearsal dinner.  The flower girl, Mckenzie, is their newest buddy.

   Friday we spent the day hanging with Mike, Amber, and their friend, Kevin.  The afternoon dissolved into chaos when I dropped Johnny off at the wedding, rushed down to Pearl Street for some gluten free cupcakes, dash back to the hotel to gather my dress, get Gabey in his suit and get Zack back to the venue in time to get his dashing ring bearer tux on.  Gabey and I went to battle over whether or not he would wear his suit and he ended up winning.  I was so disappointed; I was so excited to see him in his adorable little 5-piece suit.  He had been super excited to wear it, but changed his mind at just the wrong time!!  Oh well, after considerable stress I got Zack to the wedding just in time.  Best man Daddy got him suited up and the fun began:

 My handsome little ring bearer


The handsome groom and his grandma


Stoffel and Mother of the Groom






Best man (I agree!) and Maid of Honor


The most adorable ring bearer in wedding history



The lovely bride




  Zack approached Mckenzie and informed her father that he had been promised a danced.  He danced with his lady and then proceeded to work it on the dance floor for the next two hours.  He danced me into the ground!


  Gabey spent the evening playing with his iPod and climbing on lion statues outside.  He is a quiet soul; big parties are not his scene.
   Zack was so hyped up that he was up with night terrors until nearly 3 a.m.  I finally got him to wake up at 2:30 a.m. and he instantly calmed, took a bath, and slept pretty soundly until 8 a.m.  Zack always gets night terrors after a big, exciting event or when John goes on a trip.
   Today we had a breakfast with Ryan, Allie, and other wedding party people and we all had to say goodbye. :(  Those are always the worst parts of any trip.  We look forward to seeing our friends again soon.  Remember, everyone, there is an extra bedroom sitting empty in Jakarta.
   We spent the rest of the day with Mike and Amber and now we're packing up and getting ready to fly out tomorrow!
   I seriously doubt I'll have time to blog again before we go so here's my goodbye.  It's a 2 day trip to Jakarta.  We'll be traveling via San Francisco and Hong Kong.  We'll be saying goodbye to America for two whole years!  Give us a couple months to get settled and then come visit.  I'll be missing everyone so much.
   Goodbye, friends, family, and America!  I love you!  See you Jakarta.

No comments: