Tashkent

Tashkent

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Safe!

Zach naps and I seek refuge from the world in general by lounging in bed, taking solace from a gluten-free doughnut.

The doctor officially declared us in the safety zone today. We've made it to 36 weeks. They would really like to see us make it to 37, but times are hard; we take what we can get. The only concern today is with Gabriel's size. My belly hasn't grown at all since the ultrasound a couple weeks ago. They scheduled another size-check ultrasound for Friday, and if Baby Boy shows no signs of growth they will induce labor and rescue him from my depleting resources. It didn't help my case that I had lost a couple pounds. Don't ask me how; I had a frosty and fries last night and a doughnut this morning in an effort to boost my weight. It seems when I eat a decent amount I actually lose weight.
The nurse taking my blood pressure commented laughingly that it looked like Johnny and I were having "problems." I have a huge bruise gracing my entire left forearm where a well-meaning nurse abused it on Friday at the hospital. What can I say? Gotta keep the wife in line...

I miss Heather! I only got to talk to her for about half an hour last night, and that's not nearly enough. I really hope I can visit soon.

That's about all the news here. Cheers!

1 comment:

heather said...

I miss you more! I'm looking at apartments again tonight. I'll probably call you again terrified and lost!