Tashkent

Tashkent

Monday, November 23, 2009

Let's Recap, Shall We?

What is a blog for but complaining?

The day started in pain. I somehow managed to pull or pinch something very painful in my lower back/hip. Every time I bend even slightly it's excruciating. This makes trying to pick up babies and bending over to pick up everything they drop, spill, and/or desecrate interesting.

The day continued in frustration. Zach got a hold of a bottle of sunscreen while I was in the shower and squirted it throughout a generous portion of the bedroom.
He decided that wasn't enough accomplishment for one day so he took my ring while I scrubbed my hands and flushed said ring down the toilet. He is an ambitious child, so I doubt he's done for the day.

Next, we progressed with defeat. I bundled up the boys to deliver my first Mary Kay order to a neighbor two houses down, but she was not home. We made our way back in the cold and the boys insisted on playing outside for a while. Gabriel's gleeful laughter allowed me to notice two big, white blisters on his tongue. So now we've moved to motherly terror. He had a fever for three days and seemed to have a headache and sore throat. I perused through google and managed to diagnose Gabey-baby with a wealth of deadly diseases. My mother called me down to earth pointing out that he just grew molars and could have been rubbing them with his tongue. The number and placement of the blisters suggests that this is completely accurate.

I capped off the morning by scrubbing clean the broiler which I had been battling for three days to defeat burned on yogurt marinade. Finally, a victory! There are many battles to come: I have 30 minutes remaining until nap time, some MK business calls to make, dinner to construct and and bed time to reach, all without the aid of caffeine.

I am mother, and I will prevail!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your attitude! :)

I sure hope it wasn't your wedding ring that was flushed down the toilet!

heather said...

ARI! feel better soon...and also I think it might be time for cages.

Love...ME!

Red said...

Oh ew! Back hurts are the worst... Have you thought about Yoga? It's supposed to be wonderful for back-health. Just don't get all Madona-esque about it and you should be good ;D Heather is right about the cages. I loooooooove you *MWAH*