Tashkent

Tashkent

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Wow, my last post was fabulously angsty. Technically, life has become a little more difficult since then, but it really doesn't matter, because Johnny is home. Although, the poor guy had to high-tail it back to meet me in the hospital...

Zachary's disposition had improved by leaps and bounds. He's definitely been on a growth spurt. He's been eating like a little piggie and he's back to sleeping long naps and snoozing for 10-12 hours/night. He's been babbling up a storm and getting into everything he can possibly grab.

Zachary's little brother is now causing the trouble maker. I had contractions all afternoon on Friday and went in around 4pm to get checked. It turned out that I had dilated another 2 1/2 cm since my appointment two days before. They flipped out, shot me up with Terbutaline, and sent me to the hospital, where I would have passed out from my reaction to that drug had it not been for the thoughtful CNA who rushed me to a bed. My contractions wouldn't stop, so they started me on a water/glucose IV, which involved a nurse probing in my arm with a needle until it bruised and she moved on to torture my other arm. Only a couple hours after the shot they gave me a pill of the same drug and another pill of Procardia. Things finally settled down and we were able to go home for the night. I was so drugged up that I could barely walk. Little Gabriel was not pleased; he spent the niext couple hours kicking up a storm.

Now, I am still drugged up, getting painful, crampy, half-contractions all day, and not allowed to take even a short walk. Just have to get through another week and a half! We can do this.

I have now caught 5 mice. There are 5 little mouse bodies in the outside garbage can. We are infested. The landlords are going to have to call an exterminator. Although I am proud of my mice-catching abilities, they really need to go.

Tomorrow is Cleaning Day. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to vaccum, so all I can do is tidy, clean the bathroom, and do laundry. I'll also get my grocery shopping in. Zach loves Wal Mart. Busy day tomorrow.

1 comment:

heather said...

Of course Zach love shopping. He's my godson.

Hehehe.

And I'm praying for you! You can do ANYTHING for a week. Except stand in an elevator with a real honest to goodness "natural" hippie for 17 floors...you think you have it hard...

Just keep that bun cookin'...