Tashkent

Tashkent

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Remorse

I caught a mouse!!! I did it; I exacted revenge on the evil rice cake marauders. Yet, I don't feel as fulfilled as I expected. 'Tis the nature of revenge, I suppose.

We learned that we don't just have mice; we're infested. I put out two boxes of D-Con and they were both empty after one night. However, my trap-placing strategy was poor, so I caught no actual bodies. So, I revamped my attack and this morning I was rewarded with a full trap. I went to check said trap before putting in my contact lenses, so all I saw was a blob in a sprung trap. I dashed into the bathroom, where Johnny was showering, and announced my triumph. I put in my contacts and rushed back to revel in the glory of my hunting prowess. Unfortunately, closer examination revealed the crushed body of a small, furry, stiff rodent. The pregnancy hormone roller-coaster took off, and Johnny, in his ever-calming sympathy, got a good laugh out of the situation.

My doctor visit this morning went well. I haven't progressed anymore, but Gabriel is about as far down as he can be without being in the birth canal. Basically, as soon as I dilate to 10 cm that baby will shoot out like a bullet. I'm just praying I don't pop my hip out of place again. A constant click when I walk warns that the danger is imminent.

Johnny left for Laramie about an hour ago. He has to meet and greet colleagues down there (i.e. schmooze). His business obligations end Friday, but he's considering staying through Saturday to go to a football game and hang out with Mike. I miss him already!! And I really hate sleeping alone. I hope these three days go by fast, but I know they won't. To paraphrase the great Chris Trapper, "a day without him is like a day without music."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the hunt!