Tashkent

Tashkent

Friday, May 15, 2009

Big Boy?

Gabriel had his weigh-in today. Last month he was in the 0 percentile for weight at only 12 lbs. 14 oz. He is a shrimp. We weaned him and he blossomed. Today he weighed 14 lbs. 3 oz. The doctor was very impressed. Gabriel is moving up in the world; he is now in the 1 percentile for weight. What a man.

Johnny is en route to Oklahoma. He's helping a friend drive his truck, trailor, and four dogs for a move. They are driving all night. Don't get me started on the poor judgment of that decision. No, it was not Johnny's decision. I say again, don't get me started. Johnny will fly home from Oklahoma City Monday evening.

Johnny also got a job interview in Washington, D.C. Two paid interviews in the past month. This is a pretty exciting job, too. We shall see. Unfortunately that takes his trip tally up to five in less than 2 months. Boo. Between his grandpa's funeral, the interview in Idaho, the Oklahoma trip, a seminar in Jackson, and the D.C. interview there is not nearly enough Johnny in my life. My quota is very high and it is not being met. He's mine; I'll be as possessive as I want.

I miss him. Gabriel's asleep in my bed, because I don't like to sleep alone. And Zach won't sleep in my bed. He gets too busy looking out the window and playing in the curtains. I might be a touch pathetic. Don't judge me.

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

Completely understand!!! My husband is going away for a week this summer and I'm already dreading it! I also hate sleeping alone. Sad times.