Tashkent

Tashkent

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Randomness and Speeding Time

Last night was amazing. There was a dance party at Johnny's ballroom and we learned the Viennese waltz! The seemingly bizarre Waltz frame finally made sense. Lots of spinning. We had to cut the night a bit short because Johnny had strained his calf muscle a couple days before and was getting sore. We came home and watched The Office (we watch episodes online the next day) and sat up talking for a while. During a lull in the conversation I asked Johnny what time it was, thinking it would be somewhere around 11:30pm. Johnny looked at his watched and laughed very hard. It was after 1 a.m. After stating that we should go to sleep we talked for another hour before finally drifting off. He is truly my soul mate. I am blessed beyond description.

I got a call from my darling Keri Bishop this evening. Along with the fantastic news that she'll be coming through Sheridan in June (YAY!!!!) she had the most random story to tell me. She bumped into Dr. Schleuter (a gov't/pol prof at the 'Dale) and during their conversation he brought up the subject of "a very promising student" he'd had a couple years ago. He said he always wondered what happened to her. Turned out it was me and Keri told him what did happen to me and he said to say, "hi." Talk about random. It was immensely flattering to hear, but equally odd.

Tomorrow brings church, Ultimate Frisbee, and possibly movie night with my amazing mother-in-law. It's been such a blessed weekend.

No comments: