Tashkent

Tashkent

Friday, March 19, 2010

Money, money, money

I've been applying to scholarships like a crazy person in the last few weeks. I haven't really talked much about this plan to a lot of people, so this might come as a surprise. I'm planning on going back to school this Fall. I was just accepted to UMass Boston's adult completion program. This is a degree for people with 90+ credits. It will require 10 courses to complete and will take 4 semesters. It is 100% online. The total cost will be around $10,000. I already have a $2,400 PELL grant, so I just need to scrape together the rest. I do have an essay submitted to a contest with a $20,000 prize, but I definitely do not hold out high hopes. I'm praying and hoping, nonetheless.

Today I powered out 3 scholarship applications and started the loan application processes. Zach is not napping, but he is sitting quietly on the couch where he has been banished until the end of nap time. He currently refuses to stay in his bed and constantly wakes up a very frustrated Gabriel is I leave Zach in the bedroom. Zach actually did sleep on the couch a couple days ago, but I think doing so hurt his pride and he has refused to do so again.

I had a fantastic time with Caity and Elisabeth last night! We hit up the Green Turtle to watch the Caps game.

Mary Kay is picking back up a little bit. I'm still trying to pay off my inventory investment and I stayed at a standstill during the move. I'm trying to pick it back off the ground. Email me if you're interested! Mother's Day is coming up fast. :-)


No comments: