Tashkent

Tashkent

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Naps are Awesome

I, personally, have not had a nap in quite some time, but it is way beyond awesome when both the boys nap at the same time. I have been trying to implement this phenomenon for a few weeks and finally seems to be taking place. Today and yesterday have been quiet, pleasant afternoons to myself. Yesterday I was way too exhausted to enjoy it and just stumbled around the apartment getting chores done. Today I am sufficiently pumped on caffeine; I have so far spent my free time reading a book on homeschooling (courtesy of my mother), the Humanist Manifesto, and a chapter in the Foreign Service going-overseas checklist guide. Oh, I also made GF pancakes.

I'm so glad I started getting up earlier than the boys. Previous routine saw me jolting awake to their crying around 7 am each morning and scurrying around trying to get organized while changing diapers, making beds, fixing breakfast, and using nap time for a quick workout and shower. Now I get up somewhere between 6 and 6:30, enjoy a leisurely yoga and pilates session and even a shower, leaving nap time open for devotions, reading, and whatever. Trust me, when Mommy is relaxed life is better for everyone involved. Now, if you'll excuse me, I get to go to the bathroom alone... YAY!!!

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

Amen--I hear ya, girl!!!