Tashkent

Tashkent

Monday, June 14, 2010

Family and Friends

Mi familia is here for the week. My sister is making two dresses for me (and they are soooo pretty!) and my mom is corralling my little monsters while I work on pack out preparations. It is a relief to have help, especially since the boys had nasty colds this weekend and spent most of last night coughing and/or crying. They settled down for the "night" at about 3 a.m. and Zach awoke at 7 a.m. A couple extra hands at the grocery store are a welcome relief for Zombie Mom and her two sniffling rugrats.

We have a pre-pack out survey on Friday. The movers will come and get an idea of what they need to pack and what weights they're looking at. The answer is "not much." The heaviest items will be books and the bunk beds we're getting from IKEA. I doubt pack out will last more than 2 or 3 hours.

Gabriel is ready to potty train. Am I ready for him to potty train? Absolutely not. But I can't baby my Peanut. That's not fair to anyone. Time to break out the smallest undies I can possibly find. I might have to get my sister to take them in for my little Buttless Wonder.

Zach and Chris (a.k.a. Hamlet and Stewie) are coming on Saturday. If they're not too tired Johnny plans to whisk them away for nighttime D.C. sightseeing. My family leaves on Sunday morning so we'll subject the guys to a full day with the wee ones. Other friends will be jetting in and out of town next week and then we brace ourselves for big life changes. Huzzah!

Countdown:

Johnny's Test: 3 days

Pack out: 18 days

Leave for India: 29 days

1 comment:

Sara said...

We were told pack out would take a couple of hours - both in Dallas and in DC. The first one took 10, the second took about 6. Here's hoping it's not the same for you.