Tashkent

Tashkent

Monday, June 21, 2010

Visits

My family stayed for the week, helping with the boys while did inventory and sorted everything we own. My sister made two beautiful dresses for me. I was having difficulty finding knee-length dresses with sleeves.

Stewie and Hamlet stayed for the weekend. Johnny took them on a D.C. nighttime excursion, which always yields plenty of stories. We met with Caity yesterday and hit up the museums.

Everyone left quickly this morning. Stewie and Zach to Cincinnati via West Virginia, and Johnny back to D.C. to do battle with bureaucracy.

Groceries today. Tomorrow I'll do a little shopping for India, the smaller necessaries from Wal Mart. There is also a small goodbye party for me from my MOPS friends. Parties for me make me uncomfortable, but it is such a nice gesture. It will be good to chat with friends.

1 comment:

SC said...

It was a quick departure, and I'm sorry for it. I wish we had more time to just...chill. Maybe we can have an epic journey in India, a la The Darjeeling Limited.

Still, it was awesome to see you all. Happy packing!