Tashkent

Tashkent

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Let the Good Times Roll

Life is truly beautiful. My days are long, but fulfilling. It's a good feeling to drop, very worn out, into bed every night and know you worked hard and served a good purpose all day. God has blessed me tremendously.

Zachary and Gabriel are growing so fast. This past week, especially, has seemed like a flood of development. Zach is a little boy now. There seems so little of a baby left in him, except for the occasional tantrum and the "Bottle Battle." He is going on 17 months and has, until now, refused to hold his own bottle. But, after two days of tantrums, whining and dehydration, I have cracked his iron will. He is holding his bottle willingly and only needs an occasional reminder to tip it upward. Along with this accomplishment he has learned to open doors, lift the toilet lid, and pull the plastic covers off electric outlets. This has made my barrage of "No, Zach," "Don't touch that, Zach!" and "ZACH, NO!!!!" seem to multiply exponentially. God made babies cute for the survival of the human race.
Gabriel might very well be an angel. He rarely cries and when he does it's little more than a mew. He loves everyone and acts like a smile from anyone is his reason for living. He holds up his head like a champ, sucks his fists, and reaches for toys. He's still very much the Mama's Boy.

Montana news is looking pretty good. Johnny and JH go up to the property on Saturday to check things out and the potential (and probable) investor will visit soon after. This is very good, because Johnny's current job is really starting to get to him.

My current endeavors include my French studies and never-ending housework. I'm really into learning French right now. I finished all 4 courses offered on livemocha.com, watch a movie in French every day, and have started a blog in French to practice. I intend to start getting books in French. I'll probably speak to the boys in French here and there, but not too much. They need to learn English first. :) Johnny will kill me if they speak French before English.

1 comment:

Red said...

Oh Ari... please get those boys speaking french. I want to see (imagine) Johnny racing out the front door... "where are you going?!"
--"Liberty fries, darnit!" It'd be hilarious.