Tashkent

Tashkent

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

We close out our little Colorado tour tomorrow morning. Right now I'm sitting cozily in an over-sized beanbag chair as Johnny plays Lego Star Wars in Ryan Rhodes' basement. The babies are deservedly zonked; they've both been fantastic throughout this 5-day trip.
We started on Wednesday morning, driving from Sheridan, WY to Ft. Collins, CO. I had my obligatory BeauJo's gluten free pizza (which was the whole point of the trip for me) and we celebrated a quiet new year with cranberry vodka and CatchPhrase. Of course, my drink was only one half shot of vodka in a whole glass of cranberry juice right after I finished nursing Gabriel for the night. My 21-year-old privileges have yet to kick in. I doubt they ever will seeing that I really don't like to drink...

Zachary's major accomplishment of the week was straw suckage. We bought sippy cups with leak-proof straws for his own, personal use. He seems quite proud of himself.
Gabriel also wowed the masses with his exceptional baby skills. He discovered his hands and has been sucking on them ever since. He also got so excited when I came to pick him up from a nap the he touched his knees to his head and let out a joyous squeal.

Thursday was spent in Ft. Collins with a trip to the mall and much Lego Star Wars playing. On Friday we headed down to Boulder, CO to visit Johnny's friend, Jason, who returned from Australia for the holidays. Jason, Ryan, and Johnny have all been pals since middle school. Johnny stayed in Boulder with Ryan while I carted the tykes back to Ft. Collins for bed.

Tomorrow we'll stop in Laramie to see Mikey on our way back to Sheridan. It's been so nice to return to civilization for a few days, but life is so much easier on me and the boys when we're in a strict routine. Carting around snacks, bottles, spit rags, wipes, diapers, nursing pads, changes of clothes, stroller, diaper bag, etc. really gets exhausting. It's just way too much to keep track of along with coordinating feedings and naptime with various vacational activities. Although the big downside to returning home means that Johnny goes back to work. Major sadface. This two-week vacation has been fantastic. I love having him home.

I hope you all had a fun New Year. 2009 promises to be even better than 2008. If thats possible.

No comments: