Tashkent

Tashkent

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ballroom

I went from mopy to thrilled yesterday evening at about 6:30 pm when we managed to acquire a last minute babysitter so I could attend the party at Johnny's ballroom. It was a blast. It was a decent turnout, but not enough to be over-crowded. I improved my frame and taught the ballroom owner's 8-year-old darling of a little boy how to single-step swing and cha-cha. The little gentleman actually approached me each time asking for a dance. Not a shy bone in that kid's body. I found myself seeing Zachary 7 years into the future.

Today found us at church, lunch with Johnny's dad, and a tour of Julio and Susanna's (ballroom owners/dance teachers) work-in-progress mansion. It is stunning. Not only is it located on ten acres of peacefull hillside with an incredible mountain view, it is equipped with an enormous ballroom, complete with a balcony for a band. They plan to throw frequent parties when it's finished. The Quintanas also seem to have it in their heads that we are permanent Sheridan residents. hehehe... Well, if that is in God's plans, it wouldn't be so bad. We have Johnny's parents here, ballroom dance, and it's a great town for children. If we stay I might even end up teaching a bit of ballroom myself. Although it would not be a bad life, probably even a very pleasant one, I'm still holding out for a much better location.

Sunday is ending and that is sad. Monday means back to work for Johnny and three long evenings alone. However, Thursday brings Ryan, Bart, and possibly Mikey into town. It will be a fun weekend. I also have Zach's doctor appointment to look forward to on Friday.

No comments: