Tashkent

Tashkent

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Maddy

I have a niece!! Madeleine Verdene Banks was born last night at 7 lbs. 6 oz and 21 inches. Maddy is the daughter of Johnny's sister, Carolyn. I haven't heard any other details, but I have seen pictures of the little cherub. She is a cutey, with very appropriately chubby baby cheeks. I think she looks more like her dad than her mom. The middle name is for Grandma Verdene Thurow.
Actually, I don't know if I'm even allowed to call her "Maddy." I seem to remember hearing something about disdain for nicknames. But I can call her Maddy on my own time; she is my niece, after all. :) It'll be fun to have a little girl to dress up. A daughter definitely isn't in the cards for my near-future, so a niece will suit me just fine. I can't wait to meet her.

Ugh, on a far less pleasant note, I fried potato pancakes for a dinner side-dish tonight. I never eat food that greasy and my tummy is rebelling. Blagh.

No comments: