Tashkent

Tashkent

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Cake Week

The birthday season has begun!! We kicked off the week with Grandmommy on 8/25. Today is my mother-in-law's 54th birthday. Zachary will celebrate his first big day on Sunday, followed directly after by Johnny's on Labor Day. Mike's 21st bash is on the 4th, but, alas, he is back to Laramie for school, so no big party with him.

Johnny's facebook status says it all. "Wowza, what a busy week!" Cousin Andy just left after taking us out for breakfast. Such a sweet guy. He's headed back to Wisconsin for school. Peter comes into town this afternoon and we are scheduled to have a birthday dinner tonight. I have to remember Zachary's 12 month check up on Friday morning. Plus, the week didn't exactly get off to a relaxing start, considering baby troubles and doctor visits.

Monday night we headed up to the hospital to pre-register with Obstetrics. I love that system, because it means when I actually do go into labor all I have to think about is pushing a watermelon out my down-town, not signing medical papers. Unfortunately, that night also brought on whopper contractions. They were so bad I thought I was going into labor. But after three hours they settled down and I was able to sleep.

Tuesday morning I got in trouble at my checkup for losing 2 lbs. and was put on Procardia to stop my endless stream of contractions. I also have to get an extra ultrasound to check on Baby's size since my tummy isn't growing.

But amidst the turmoil of this week, my son gave me a moment to pause and just revel in the joy of motherhood. He walked up to me, rested his head on my leg, and sighed, "mama." I could melt. What an angel.

Is anyone else stoked for football season?? First Gator game on Saturday!!! Woo-hoo!!

No comments: