Tashkent

Tashkent

Monday, August 11, 2008

Just Another Day in Paradise

I love to vent in writing. It's wonderful. It forces all the goop out of my scrambled brain and into a semi-coherent format. Such a purging of the mind always leaves me feeling refreshed and re-focused. With this knowledge in hand I decided today would be a perfect day to start a new blog.
It just so happens that today was a perfectly rotten day. Normally I just love my life as little Susie homemaker, prancing around barefoot-in-the-kitchen-pregnant, but today, between the scraping, screaming, whining, idiocy that went on around me, the homemaker life didn't quite cut it. Even I could go for a vodka cranberry right about now.
The awfulness started with the fact that my amazing husband, Johnny, left at 8 am for a week long seminar in Cheyenne, WY. I already miss him terribly and it's just the first day of a very long five.
Awfulness #2: We just moved into a new house (a rental) and it was decided that on the day we moved in the owners wanted the trimming around the windows painted. The painter was to keep his supplies locked in our storage she while he worked. We thought that was fine; it would take us a couple days to settle and we wouldn't need the shed until we were all sorted out anyway. We figured such a simple job on such a small home could not possibly take more than 3 days. Two weeks later the man has not finished painting. He arrived at 7:30 this morning, opened all the windows, left them open all day, woke Zach from his afternoon nap by scraping the paint off the glass where he had done an exceptionally shoddy job, and tramped mud across my freshly mopped floor on his way to get a window open. I arrived home from dinner with my inlaws to find the windows not only left open for all the bugs to fly in, but also painted securely in place. I had to interrupt my father-in-laws evening to come and shut them for me. It took him nearly half an hour since he had to cut the windows free.
So now my house is infested with bugs, my son is throwing his second lack-of-sleep tantrum of the evening and won't drop off to sleep, and I'm alone for the night in a very creeky house.

Oh yeah, and I'm over seven months pregnant.

Life is dandy.

No, it really is...I just have to get through the rest of this week alive.

1 comment:

heather said...

Ari--I love you...hahaha. Just know--I laughed during that entire post. I loved the part where you pranced around the kitchen. :)

And also--you're amazing.