Tashkent

Tashkent

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Conceivable

I just received conception advice from an old woman in a convenience store....I didn't know what to do. I just thanked her and fled. Oh, Sheridan.

It all started with a birthday. Well, I guess technically you could say it started back in January, but we won't go there...
Zachary is staying with Grandma tonight so Johnny and I can spend time together for his birthday. Courtesy of a gift from my parents I took Johnny out on the town (a.k.a. the classy Centennial movie theatre). On our way back from seeing "Tropic Thunder" we decided to dose up on caffeine at the Loaf n' Jug close to our house. As we approached the check out the charming older cashier, whom I can only describe as typically Sheridanese, asked me when I was due. I informed her with a smile that we were due in 6 weeks.
"Looks like a girl," she casually informed me. Apparently my belly looks feminine.
"No," I mourned. "It's my second boy."
"Oh, well I had three boys before my girl," she assured me. I smiled, encouraged, and turn to leave, but she stopped us with this sage interjection:
"You have to make sure your temperature is up...High temperature kills the male sperm."
Johnny's mouth hit the floor and I believe I stammered something to the effect of "good to know," while the man in line behind us unabashedly guffawed.... I'm really not sure, it's all a blur until we reached the safety of our car.

Seriously, what do you say to that?

Guess I'll have to work on bringing up my temperature....

No comments: