Tashkent

Tashkent

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Simple

I sometimes experience feelings of blog inadequacy. So many people have little consistencies and trademarks that make their blogs unique and personable. One friend starts his entries with a quote; another fills hers with fun pictures; yet another adds interesting links. Mine are always painfully simple, a quick scrawl about the everyday goings on of my rather uneventful life. I often have to remind myself that my friends' blogs are great because they are being themselves, adding their own personality and that I am doing exactly the same. Let's face it; no one ever accused me of being complex. Simple, heart-on-the-sleeve, what you see is what you get. That's part of my charm, right? Right?? Don't answer that.

So, despite the temptation to spice up the ol' blog a bit, I think I will resist. With the exception of some meaningful pictures here and there (especially when the much-hyped India move takes place) my blog will remain like me: sweet, simple, and, let's face it, a little air-headed.

Let's close with one my rare trademarks, the list!

Yoga - Check!
Boys asleep - Check!
Hindi lesson - Check!
Dishes - Check!

Time to cuddle with my hubby - the definite highlight of any day.

2 comments:

SC said...

I'll answer that! There's nothing wrong with having a simple blog. In fact, one of the main things I like about yours is its simplicity: you give these glimpses into your life that stand on their own. I don't know if this is what you're going for, but in a way it's like modern art or modern food presentation--clean, focused, simple.

I once heard someone explain modern art this way: Imagine a room with an red couch in the center. Well, if the most important thing about the room is the couch, just paint the couch. And if the most beautiful thing about the couch is its red color, just paint that color.

Though I like my blog's format, I'm constantly tempted to change it. It seems like I change the template and background colors once a month. But I keep it up just because it forces me to focus, to fit my thoughts into a framework so I can write about it. It just works for me.

So do what works for you! Write as you see fit, and damned be the discrepancies. There's absolutely nothing airheaded about that. :)

Red said...

Ari,

I love your updates: short, sweet, to the point... and not at all air-headed!

Reading your blog is like being face to face between classes or meeting in the kitchen for a snack break. Not exactly the same but pretty close. :)