Tashkent

Tashkent

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Small blessings

Preparations for world travel have begun in earnest. My desk hides, groaning, under a mountain of papers - lists, documents, applications, correspondence, etc... I'm flirting dangerously with the brink of insanity and it is such a tease.

The boys are not in the least bit pleased with the sudden onslaught of vaccinations. I had avoided such unnecessaries with grit and determination, giving them only DTap and only because Laramie suffered from a Pertussis outbreak the year Zach was born. But laws, regulations, and a heightened risk of deadly diseases have all worked together to change my reticence. Since this past Friday Zach has received the first round of Hepatitis A and B and the first round of rabies. He has two more rounds of rabies, one more round of each hep, and a typhoid shot remaining. Gabriel has almost the same routine, but he has switched typhoid for MMR. He is too young for typhoid and had not yet received his MMR.
Couple this with getting blood drawn in December and full out physicals last July and it is easy to understand why they both cry when we enter a doctor's office.

Passport pictures have been obtained and applications filled out. We will turn all that in this week.

I have started working on inventory lists. This, at first, seemed like a daunting task, but I now realize just how little we have. Small blessings.

I am slowly collecting needed shopping items via thrift stores and eBay. It's such a fun challenge to see how cheap I can get a decent quality product.

Johnny has written out a will and medical directive, so I need to follow suit.

And that is our current to do list.

We are staying quite busy. There is much more to tell but I have run out of time to blog, so until a later date. Adieu.

No comments: