Tashkent

Tashkent

Friday, October 5, 2012

Kitchen-ing

I decided to stock pile nuts for the winter.  Like a squirrel.  For no reason.

Anyway, they arrived this week and since I have a freezer full of walnuts, almonds, macadamias, and, most important, pecans, I knew there was only one thing to do.  Make homemade vanilla ice cream.


I wonder if renter's insurance covers kitchen nuclear holocaust.


So excited!!


Today Zack learned a very important cooking lesson: When marinating steak, always start with fresh garlic. That's my boy!


Steak, roasted butternut squash topped with almond and parmesan, broccoli/snow pea/red pepper stir fry.  And homemade ice cream topped with pecans.  I tell ya, kids, it's a rough life here in the ol' archipelago.  



2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Looks like it might be a smaller kitchen than India but more counter top? Fun to see the boys cook, a future wife will love that!

Arianna said...

Yep. The kitchen is a little awkward, but I really like the island.