Tashkent

Tashkent

Monday, November 5, 2012

Fun With Zack's Class

I'm way behind in blogging again!  This time my excuse is strep throat.  I haven't been fever sick in a long time and this one really knocked me out.  I started my antibiotics yesterday but I seriously overdid it trying to get some work done around the house and going to Zack's first-tball practice.  So it's catch up time!

Zack's school really encourages parents to be heavily involved with the classes.  One of the things we do is to come in for Tutti Frutti Tuesday.  On Tuesdays the kids bring in pieces of fruit to donate to villages in Indonesia where fruit is too expensive (many of them grow fruit, but need the income rather than the nutrition).  A parent comes in each week to cut fruit with the kids.  The idea  to get them to learn about and try new fruits.  Here we are cutting pineapple and mango.


Cutting anything with small children is always an adventure.


And here is Zack reading to us!!!  He brings home a new book each night to read to us.  I write it down in his parent-teach communication book and once he reads a certain number with proficiency he will get some tougher books.


Halloween!  Seriously, how cute are these kids??


I got to come in on Halloween and help with craft centers.  Here is Zack painting creepy eyes on saran wrap.  The kids can hang them in the window and it looks like eyes staring in.



It was so fun to work and play with Zack's class this week.  Next week they have their UN Festival and I'll be helping out with that quite a bit.  I'll be manning the U.S. table and doing a presentation about America for Zack's class along with two other American moms.  We'll be talking about elections and about the history of our flag.


And here are my lounge lizards just chatting. :)


No comments: