Tashkent

Tashkent

Monday, November 5, 2012

HHE Arrives

This is way better than Christmas.  This is all the stuff we packed up in India on June 20th.  That's right, we hadn't seen most of out belongings for over 4 months.  This includes pretty much all household goods, most of the boys' toys, their bunk bed, all my precious baking/cooking supplies, MY DONUT TIN, and various other items.


It's pretty intense watching them try to get these big trucks backed into these tiny compounds.



It was raining so they were trying to work quickly.  Which was comical.  How many moving men does it take to pry open a crate?  


Success at last!


This is a very small view of the carnage.  It spreads over all three floors.  We built the boys' bed right away.  I always try to get their space comfortable first.  This is especially important for Gabey.  I've seen incredible improvement in his attitude and morale since HHE arrived.  I think he finally feels at home.


The timing of all this was extremely unfortunate as I came down with my whopping case of strep throat literally hours after all this junk arrived.  One last punch in the face from India?  So it's just been sitting around waiting for organization and it's killing me.  You know I'm pretty deathly ill if I allow stuff to sit around unorganized.  But since I have to take a break after one flight of stairs it's just going to have to wait.

2 comments:

Nomads By Nature said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! I am jealous about the HHE. Ours is taking F O R E V E R.

Elizabeth said...

It is funny to see the same furniture as India. I know it isn't "yours" but it is rather nice to have some continuity?