Tashkent

Tashkent

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Gabey's Job

Ok, I can tell as the boys advance in school that more and more of my blog posts are going to be introduced with "Oh no, I'm so far behind again!"  It's a crazy phenomenon, but I'm actually considerably busier now that Zack is in school.  Wait until I have a KGer *and* a second grader!  Yikes.  I might as well sub at their school I'll be there so much.  I love it, though.


Gabriel finally agreed to take on a job for allowance.  I think the pile of money Zack was accumulating helped sway him.  Both boys are required to have a family helping chore that doesn't pay, but allowance work is optional for now.  Gabriel's job is to help me wash the car every week.  This is no easy task during rainy season in Jakarta.  The whole car is splattered with mud and we have to carefully wipe around new motorcycle scratches each week.

He wasn't too sure at first...


But he got to work and did a great job.


Big brother volunteered to help pro bono.


It took us well over an hour with all the help, but we got it done and it's shiny and lovely.  Gabey has now washed the car twice and earned his 10,000 rupiah, just like Zack.


I'm very proud of how hard these boys work.  They are always eager to help and learn something new. These guys rock!

No comments: