Tashkent

Tashkent

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Back in Asia + Zack's First Day of School!

I'm a little behind on pictures!
These pictures took approximately a hundred million years to download and now it's almost 9 p.m. which is later than I've stayed up in nearly 2 weeks.  So this update will be bulletin style:


               The Hong Kong skyline from our Victoria Harbor window.

Sleepy Gabey



Gluten free items at the buffet!!!


Victoria Harbor



Star Ferry Hong Kong


Playground at the Hong Kong Zoo



Beat the Heat with gelato


Our very own pool in Indonesia!!


Zack's birthday dinner!




Happy 5th Birthday, Zack!!!




Our house!


Zack's first day at school!



He settled right in



First order of business: compare shoes


If you've never lived 2 years in India you will not understand our excitement over dinner at Wendy's.  


Zack is taking to school swimmingly.  He is bubbling over when I pick him up, but happy to be back with us.  I think it's great for him.  We'll see when the first "I don't want to go today" happens.

And your daily dose of Thurow boys:

Poll of the Day by Zack:

"So, where does God poop?"

Our answers:
Mama: "Probably in his own special toilet."
Zack: "I think in the sky in the water."
Gabriel: "On the floor."

Feel free to add your own answer.  Other questions this week have included, "what does God have for dinner?" "when I grow up will you die?" "since Daddy is old and is going to die soon will I go to work?"  "Does heaven look like my bedroom?"

Goodnight from Jakarta!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, looks great! I just started reading your blog. Looking forward to hearing about your life at our new post. Can I ask which hotel

Becky said...

Sorry didn't finish my comment before posting. I was just wondering which hotel had gluten free stuff. We'd love to keep it in mind if we are ever in HK.

Elizabeth said...

Fun photos, thanks for sharing them. Hong Kong and Jarkarta look very clean. When I saw you home I said "wow". Um about the irreverent God topic ... darn where is my 'good taste' filter? lost it again ... so I am compelled to add: black holes.

NO said...

Wouldn't they be 'brown holes', mom?

Arianna said...

Hi, Becky,
We stayed at the Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui. The buffet was definitely the highlight for us. They were having a special on Harbor View rooms so it fit pretty easily into our per diem.

Becky said...

Thanks! We'll check it out when we're in town.