Tashkent

Tashkent

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Somebody Cut Off My Cashew Supply!!!

My name is Arianna Thurow and I have a cashew problem.

For realz, man, I can't get enough.  I have to carefully limit the amount of cashews I bring into the house.  I buy special individual packets of cashews to pack in Zack's lunches so I can tell myself those are Zack's cashews and I have to keep my grubby mitts off them.  The problem escalated when I realized I could make homemade honey roasted cashews and subsequently eat them by the bucketful.  Thank God I live in Asia so my addiction doesn't put us into bankruptcy.


So how do you make this luscious pile of deliciousness?

I'm glad you asked!  Because, as many of you know, along with my cashew problem I have an extreme problem with following and/or writing down recipes.  I just kind of wing it.  But, for once, I have the general idea for this one.  Please note that all measurements are approximate as I did not measure myself.

2-4 tbsp. Butter
4 tbsp. (ish) honey
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp. salt
A pile o' cashews

Heat oven to 325 F.
Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the honey.  Let the mixture simmer until it bubbles.  Takes about 30 seconds.  Add the vanilla, stir, then remove from heat.  Stir in the cashews until they're all well coated.  Spread the cashews evenly through a baking pan.  Make sure they're spread out and none are piled on top of each other.  Bake for 12-15 minutes or until nuts are golden brown and oh-so-yummy smelling.  Scrape the nuts into a bowl and give it a good stir.  Allow them to cool the sprinkle in the salt and coconut sugar.  Stir and if you can avoid snarfing them all down in one sitting, store them as you would raw cashews.

You're welcome.

No comments: