Tashkent

Tashkent

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy

All quiet on the western front. The boys are napping. Zach doesn't usually take a morning nap, but I think he's on a growth spurt, so he's a big fan of sleep right now. He's plumped up a little bit and been eating like a teenager. That usually indicates an imminent spurt.

Today has been much better than yesterday so far. For some reason I was just miserable yesterday. I threw up in the morning and wallowed through a headache all day. But I'm perfectly fine today. Odd.

Sunday was Johnny's and my 3rd anniversary. It was absolutely lovely. Most people would laugh at the way we celebrated, but it was simple, cheap, and intimate, so bugger off! We dropped the boys off at Grandma and Grandpa's and headed to Wendy's for a sophisticated dinner of fries and frosties. Afterwards we went home and watch HIMYM for a bit along with some other activities. It's nice to just relax at home; you don't understand this unless you have babies. :) After that we went to a local Mexican restaurant for a drink. I had a strawberry margarita, which was quite yummy.
The third anniversary traditional gift is leather. I gave Johnny a keychain that said "When I count my blessings I count you twice." I also made him a cd with songs telling our story. He gave me a beautiful leather-bound memoir book. It has questions about your family and childhood, etc. You fill it out and can hand it down to your children. It's a beautiful gift.
It was a wonderful day. I can't believe we've been together for three years. It seems like it's flown by, but at the same time I feel like I've known him all my life. He is my soulmate I love him so much.

Zach is up, gotta run.

1 comment:

Red said...

Awww, you two are lovely :)